- How does screenshot caching work?
Find out how GrabzIt screenshot caching works as well as the best strategy for using cached screenshots.
- How to create captures even faster!
If you want to speed up the time it takes to take captures, follow these helpful tips.
- How much does GrabzIt cost?
From free to paid, the different package options explained.
- What does the Renewal Date on my account mean?
How the renewal date is used to reset your allocation screenshots and scrape page limit.
- I really like GrabzIt. But the GrabzIt watermark in the screenshots bothers me. Is there a way to remove it?
How to remove the GrabzIt watermark from screenshots, PDF's and animated GIF's generated when using our free package.
- Using Special Watermarks in GrabzIt
Special Watermarks are built into GrabzIt's system that allows users to add special functionality to captures, such as a time-stamp, browser window or custom text.
- None of your packages provide what I want. Is there a way to make a custom package?
How to get a package customized for your unique requirements.
- Can I get a screenshot returned to me within X seconds Z% of the time?
The factors effecting the speed at which a screenshot can be returned.
- There is a feature that is missing from GrabzIt!
Thought of something that is missing from GrabzIt find out how we could help.
- How do you increase the resolution of a image screenshot?
Find out what image screenshot resolution is and how you can increase it.
- How to convert a webpages into PDF documents?
Find out how to easily convert a web page into a PDF document using GrabzIt's web services and online tools.
- Why are the screenshots not returned in the same order I request them in?
Confused why your screenshots are not returned in the order you requested them when using the asynchronous method, this article explains why this can occur.
- How do you take a screenshot from behind a login?
Have a login only page that you need to take a screenshot of? This article explains how to do it.
- How long will a screenshot be cached for?
How GrabzIt determines the length of time a screenshot should be cached for.
- How do I automatically take a screenshot without writing any code?
Our Online Screenshot Tool allows you to take web screenshots without writing any code, this article explains how it works.
- How do I take a screenshot of a particular section of a webpage?
Our screenshot service allows you to take a screenshot of a particular part of a web page, this article explains how.
- Use Geo-targeting to create captures even faster
Using geo-targeting to choose, which capture service to use means GrabzIt can create captures even faster.
- What browser does GrabzIt use to take the screenshot?
Find out about our customized browser software we use to take screenshots.
- Is there a way to use GrabzIt in a ASP.NET Windows Application rather than a Web Application?
How to take a screenshot without requiring a callback handler using ASP.NET.
- You are trying to use a Callback URL that does not exist! Please enter a URL that is both absolute and public
This article explains what the not accessible URL error is and how to solve it.
- How do I change a filename of a screenshot with GrabzIt's API?
This article explains three different approaches to changing the filename of a screenshot using our API.
- How do I create a image screenshot with a full height and width?
Instructions on how to create a screenshot with a width and height the same size of the web page.
- Create Full Length Screenshots or Full Page Screenshots
Find how you can use GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool to take full length screenshots also known as full page screenshots of an entire web page.
- How do I associate a user with a screenshot?
GrabzIt supports passing custom ids with screenshot requests, this article explains how the custom ids can be used to associate a user with a screenshot.
- How do I change the width and height of a screenshot?
Instructions on how to change the width and height of a screenshot.
- YouTube to GIF
Create free animated GIF's by converting YouTube to GIF, Vimeo to GIF and Video to GIF, with GrabzIt's Online Screenshot Tool and multiple API's.
- You are trying to take a screenshot of a URL that does not exist
An explanation of the URL does not exist error and how to solve it.
- HTML Table to CSV
Convert HTML tables embedded in web pages into CSV or Excel documents, with GrabzIt's Online Screenshot Tool and multiple API's.
- How to setup your GrabzIt Demo
Follow these simple instructions on how to quickly setup and use your GrabzIt Demo.
- Do you support Flash?
How our screenshot service works with web pages containing Flash.
- Do you support WOFF fonts?
How our screenshot service works with WOFF based fonts.
- Does GrabzIt work with charting software?
If you have some on-line charting software you want to take a screenshot this article explains the caveats.
- Can you set a image to be XX Dots Per Inch (DPI)?
How the Dots Per Inch in a image applies when handling screenshots.
- How do I take website thumbnails?
Find out how to use GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool to create screenshots as website thumbnails.
- Is SVG supported?
How our screenshot service handles SVG elements within web pages.
- Screenshot Mobile Websites
How the GrabzIt API and the Online Screenshot Tool can be used to screenshot websites as a mobile or tablet device.
- Do you support Credit and Debit card payments?
How to pay for your GrabzIt package using Debit or Credit card.
- Can I get a free trial of GrabzIt?
Find out how you can use the full features of GrabzIt for free.
- Using CSS Selectors in GrabzIt
How to use CSS selectors in the target element, hide element and wait for element features of GrabzIt's capture API.
- Why do captures not appear the same as in the browser?
How to make the capture GrabzIt generates match what is shown when your target URL or HTML is rendered in Chrome.
- Display screenshots faster with GrabzIt's CDN
Increase the speed at which you can display the screenshots or captures you create by using GrabzIt's CDN.
- What MIME type should I use for my Capture?
Every different file type has an associated MIME type that tells the browser how to deal with it. This article says what MIME type you need to use when serving a Capture to your users.
- Screenshot Google Maps and Mapbox
Easily screenshot Google Maps and Mapbox with GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool.
- May I include GrabzIt in my commercial application?
Find out what GrabzIt's policy is on commercial applications.
- How to post to a form and screenshot the result?
Learn how to post to a HTTP form and screenshot the result using GrabzIt's API.
- Tips for hiring a programmer
Do you want to write some code but don't know how, or you don't have the time? Follow these quick and easy instructions on hiring a programmer.
- Adding Page Breaks to PDF and DOCX documents
When converting raw HTML or web pages to PDF or DOCX, page breaks can be added to the documents by specifying the correct CSS.
- Blocking Adverts on Web Screenshots
Find out how to remove adverts from web screenshots with GrabzIt's API's.
- Invalid Callback URL. Please provide a valid web address.
This article explains how to fix the Invalid Callback URL. Please provide a valid web address error.
- How do you alter a scrape using GrabzIt's Web Scraper API?
If you need to more tightly integrate GrabzIt's Web Scrapes into your application, you can do so programmatically using GrabzIt's Web Scraper API.
- How to add headers and footers to DOCX and PDF documents?
Find out how to create templates that can be then added to DOCX and PDF documents through GrabzIt's API.
- Retrieval Methods for GrabzIt's API
Find out how you can use the retrieval methods provided by the GrabzIt API to automatically download captures.
- How do I enable user cookie behavior?
Make GrabzIt captures work the same way as a users browser, keeping the cookies between different requests.
- Location Specific Screenshots
GrabzIt supports location specific screenshots, which are screenshots taken from a particular country. Find out how to use this feature in your applications.
- Export Captures to Amazon S3, FTP and more
Create a export URL that can be used to export captures directly from GrabzIt to either Amazon S3, Dropbox, FTP and WebDav.
- How to protect the content of captures?
Sometimes you want to create captures that contain sensitive user information. GrabzIt protects this information by using encryption.
- How to create DOCX and PDF documents with custom page sizes?
When creating a DOCX or PDF document in GrabzIt you are not restricted to the standard page sizes such as A4 and A3, instead you can create documents with any page size you desire.
- Can you create multiple captures at the same time?
Some apps need to many create captures as quickly as possible, to support this GrabzIt allows you to create captures in parallel.
- How to scale a PDF or DOCX to the browser width?
How to change the browser width used when creating PDF and DOCX documents. This could have an effect on how the document appears for instance a small width is likely to make the document appear as a mobile website.
- How to use GrabzIt’s API Securely?
How to safely send sensitive data using GrabzIt's API and SSL.
- How to wait for a web page to load before performing a capture?
Sometimes a web page or part of it won't load immediately, however GrabzIt provides the delay and the waitForElement options to overcome allow you to overcome this.
- How do I send results via Amazon S3?
Both the Screen Scraper and the Online Screenshot tool support sending results via Amazon S3, this article explains how this works.
- How to auto-size an Animated GIF?
How to automatically size an animated GIF to its correct aspect ratio, without any padding or cropping from the source video.
- How to create High Definition Screenshots?
Use GrabzIt to create high definition screenshots of websites and HTML captures.
- How to create transparent image captures?
Web pages and HTML can be captured with a transparent background if you follow the technique detailed in this article.
- Why has my account been deleted?
To protect your privacy and our service we will delete inactive and invalid free accounts
- I want to block access to my callback handler except from GrabzIt, is this possible?
How to secure access to your GrabzIt callback handler so that only GrabzIt can access it.
- How do I cancel my GrabzIt subscription?
If you want to cancel your GrabzIt subscription this article explains how.
- Domain is not valid with this application key. Please add it to your authorized domains.
What the domain is not valid with this application key means and how to solve it.
- How do I stop large image screenshots being stretched?
This article explains how to avoid the problem of large screenshots appearing stretched.
- Java: Unsupported major.minor version
What the Java unsupported version error means and how to solve it.
- How to handle the rate limit reached error
What the rate limit reached error is and how to solve it.
- What is the Scrape Page Limit?
An explanation of what the Scrape Page Limit is and what it is used for.
- Why does the PDF content not fill the page width?
Sometimes the width of content in PDF screenshots does not fill the page. Find out why and how to solve it.
- How does Capture Priority work?
What is Capture Priority and how it effects the time it takes to process captures.
- Are custom cookies used in the Online Screenshot Tool?
How custom cookies are used in Online Screenshot Tool.
- Why do I not immediately get premium features after I have upgraded?
Find out why you do not immediately get premium features after being upgraded.
- How do you improve the quality of web captures?
Find out how the quality of your captures, can be improved to match your specific requirements, be it for images, PDF's, DOCX or animated GIF's.
- How do I update my billing information?
If you need to update your billing information, please follow the instructions in this article.
- How do I add a timestamp in my Scheduled Task or Scrape filename?
Our on-line tool and scraper supports timestamps in file names, to add a timestamp to your filename follow the instructions in this article.
- How do I get a Application Key and Secret for GrabzIt?
You need an Application Key and Secret to use GrabzIt's Screenshot API, this article explains how.
- Why does PayPal keep rejecting my Credit or Debit card?
Having issues with your Debit or Credit card? This article explains some of the likely causes and solutions.
- I am using a .NET language other than C# can I still use your library?
This explains how any .NET language can use the GrabzIt DLL.
- How do I use the scheduled task import/export functionality?
Get some useful tips on exporting and importing scheduled tasks into the Online Screenshot Tool.
- How do I show a screenshot in a web page when using a callback handler?
Find out how to display a screenshot on a page when using the asynchronous callback handler method.
- Why did GrabzIt disable my scrape?
In certain circumstances GrabzIt will disable a scrape, this article explains how to stop this from happening.
- How do you use the GrabzIt IntraProxy?
Make your internal websites hosted in a intranet or on localhost to the internet accessible to GrabzIt.
- How do I get the Scraper to save data to a file?
A common requirement is to save a item of data directly to its own file, this article explains how.
- How do you calculate Total Resolution for animated GIF's?
Find out how we calculate the allowed total resolution for an animated GIF and what package you will require.
- Take screenshots of Unicode URL's with GrabzIt
Find out how to take screenshots of websites that use Unicode URLs with GrabzIt screenshot service.
- How to remove cookie notifications from screenshots
Cookie notifications in screenshots can ruin what would otherwise be an excellent screenshot. Find out how to remove these notifications, including using GrabzIt's automatic cookie notification removal feature.
- Can you write a web scrape for me?
Find out how to go about commissioning us to create and set up a web scrape for you.
- How do Free Periods work?
When you upgrade, downgrade or have a free trial, you get a free period. Read this article to find out more about how this works.
- How to test a Callback Handler?
Learn how to use GrabzIt's Callback Handler test tool to easily debug your own Callback Handlers.
- How to fix the 'A filter must be supplied' error?
This error can occur if you do not pass a filter parameter to a method that requires it in your scrape instructions.
- Does GrabzIt's Web Scraper respect robots.txt files?
We follow the rules found in the websites robots.txt file that is being scraped.
- How do I store a capture in a database?
Captures, such as screenshots and animated GIF's can easily be stored in a database as well as a file system. Follow this simple tutorial to find out how.
- How do you improve the quality of an animated GIF?
Find out how you can improve the quality of an animated GIF produced when converted from an online video.
- Why is the time on my scrapes and screenshots wrong?
How GrabzIt handles peoples time from around the world and how to fix you time if it is wrong.
- Accessing our API with a non-supported programming language
Create a GrabzIt client for any non-supported programming language by following these instructions.
- Why are all of my requests to GrabzIt's API timing out?
Are all of your requests to GrabzIt's API timing out? This article explains how to diagnose and fix the issue.
- How to capture a website that is blocking GrabzIt
Instructions on how to capture a website that is blocking GrabzIt services.
- Capture screenshots of web pages that use Basic Authentication
GrabzIt can capture any web page protected by basic authentication and covert it into an image, DOCX or PDF.
- Do you support canvas elements?
How our screenshot service works with canvas functionality.
- YouTube video has been removed, has an age restriction or is not available in the country it is being taken from
What does the YouTube video has been removed, has an age restriction or is not available in the country it is being taken from mean and how to solve it.
- Why are downloads not working on my iPad or iPhone?
Discover why document downloads such as PDF, DOCX and CSV are not working on a iPhone or iPad.
- Use a HTTP Proxy to create web captures
Create a image, DOCX or PDF screenshots of a website from anywhere in the world using HTTP proxies with GrabzIt.
- Supported CSS attributes when converting HTML to DOCX
To help you create the best possible HTML document to convert to DOCX this quick guide shows you the main CSS attributes that are used format the DOCX content.
- Tips on writing HTML for conversion
How to create HTML content for conversion by GrabzIt's HTML converting API's.
- Additional Premium Features
Here are the premium features that come as standard on any type of premium GrabzIt account, in addition to those listed on the upgrade page.
- Using GrabzIt behind a Proxy
How to use GrabzIt's capture API when your machine is located behind a proxy.
- How do you alter a web page before converting it?
How to alter the a web page before converting it to a image, PDF or DOCX.
- How to add bookmarks or outlines to PDF Documents?
Adding bookmarks to PDF document makes it easier for the reader to navigate to the section of the document they are interested in, fortunately GrabzIt automates this process for you.
- How to solve issues with your Callback Handler?
Find the solutions for the main reasons why your callback handler may not be working.
- Can we licence GrabzIt's capture software to run independently on our own servers?
The reason why it is not possible to run GrabzIt's capture software on independently of our API on external servers.
- How do I change or update my current subscription?
Find out how to change your current GrabzIt package and what happens to your existing PayPal subscription.
- Why does taking a screenshot of some web pages result in a blank or white capture?
This article explains how blank captures can be created and how to solve the error.
- Can the same package/account be used on multiple websites?
How GrabzIt accounts and packages work with multiple applications.
- What are Remaining Captures?
This article explains what remaining captures are and how you can use them.
- How does the Web Scraper work?
This article explains what the Web Scraper does and how it can be used.
- An error occurred trying to save the screenshot
Find out what this error means and how to stop it occurring in the future.
- What is the Maximum Screenshot Size?
Find out how the maximum screenshot size
is calculated in GrabzIt.
- Disable caching?
An explanation of why with GrabzIt it is not necessary to disable caching.
- How do I delete my account?
If you want to delete your account this article explains how.
- How do I send results via FTP?
Both the Screen Scraper and the Online Screenshot tool support sending results via FTP, this article explains how this works.
- How do I send results via WebDav?
Both the Screen Scraper and the Online Screenshot tool support sending results via WebDav, this article explains how this works.
- How do I send results via Dropbox?
Both the Web Scraper and the Online Screenshot Tool support sending results via Dropbox, this article explains how this works.
- This screenshot is temporarily not accessible due to its storage location being offline
This article explains what the screenshot is temporarily not accessible error means and how to solve it.
- Why is my full length screenshot squashed?
If you have a full length screenshot that is appearing vertically squashed, we explain how to fix it.
- Does GrabzIt support HTTPS?
How our screenshot service works with HTTPS based websites.
- Can I make annual payments?
Find out how you can make annual payments when upgrading.
- Does your service effect Google Analytics?
Find out how our service deals with Google Analytics.
- What types of support do you offer?
GrabzIt currently offers several different types of support as explained in this article.
- Is GrabzIt VAT registered?
Are you doing your accounts, do you need to know if we are VAT registered?
- Does GrabzIt support Java Applets?
Find out how GrabzIt's screenshot services handle Java Applets.