- How does screenshot caching work?
Find out how GrabzIt screenshot caching works as well as the best strategy for using cached screenshots.
- How do you use the GrabzIt IntraProxy?
Make your internal websites hosted in a intranet or on localhost to the internet accessible to GrabzIt.
- How much does GrabzIt cost?
From free to paid, the different package options explained.
- What does the Renewal Date on my account mean?
How the renewal date is used to reset your allocation screenshots and scrape allowance.
- I really like GrabzIt. But the GrabzIt watermark in the screenshots bothers me. Is there a way to remove it?
How to remove the GrabzIt watermark from screenshots, PDF's and animated GIF's generated when using our free package.
- Using Special Watermarks in GrabzIt
Special Watermarks are built into GrabzIt's system that allows users to add special functionality to captures, such as a time-stamp, browser window or custom text.
- None of your packages provide what I want. Is there a way to make a custom package?
How to get a package customized for your unique requirements.
- Can I get a screenshot returned to me within X seconds Z% of the time?
The factors effecting the speed at which a screenshot can be returned.
- There is a feature that is missing from GrabzIt!
Thought of something that is missing from GrabzIt find out how we could help.
- How do you increase the resolution of a image screenshot?
Find out what image screenshot resolution is and how you can increase it.
- How to convert a webpages into PDF documents?
Find out how to easily convert a web page into a PDF document using GrabzIt's web services and online tools.
- Why are the screenshots not returned in the same order I request them in?
Confused why your screenshots are not returned in the order you requested them when using the asynchronous method, this article explains why this can occur.
- How do you take a screenshot from behind a login?
Have a login only page that you need to take a screenshot of? This article explains how to do it.
- Intranet Screenshots and Screenshots of localhost Websites
Find out how to take Intranet screenshots as well as how to take screenshots of websites on localhost along with the associated issues of doing so.
- How long will a screenshot be cached for?
How GrabzIt determines the length of time a screenshot should be cached for.
- How do I automatically take a screenshot without writing any code?
Our Online Screenshot Tool allows you to take web screenshots without writing any code, this article explains how it works.
- How do I take a screenshot of a particular section of a webpage?
Our screenshot service allows you to take a screenshot of a particular part of a web page, this article explains how.
- What browser does GrabzIt use to take the screenshot?
Find out about our customized browser software we use to take screenshots.
- Is there a way to use GrabzIt in a ASP.NET Windows Application rather than a Web Application?
How to take a screenshot without requiring a callback handler using ASP.NET.
- You are trying to use a Callback URL that does not exist! Please enter a URL that is both absolute and public.
This article explains what the not accessible URL error is and how to solve it.
- How do I change a filename of a screenshot with GrabzIt's API?
This article explains three different approaches to changing the filename of a screenshot using our API.
- How do I create a image screenshot with a full height and width?
Instructions on how to create a screenshot with a width and height the same size of the web page.
- Create Full Length Screenshots or Full Page Screenshots
Find how you can use GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool to take full length screenshots also known as full page screenshots of an entire web page.
- How do I associate a user with a screenshot?
GrabzIt supports passing custom ids with screenshot requests, this article explains how the custom ids can be used to associate a user with a screenshot.
- How do I change the width and height of a screenshot?
Instructions on how to change the width and height of a screenshot.
- YouTube to GIF
Create free animated GIF's by converting YouTube to GIF, Vimeo to GIF and Video to GIF, with GrabzIt's Online Screenshot Tool and multiple API's.
- You are trying to take a screenshot of a URL that does not exist
An explanation of the URL does not exist error and how to solve it.
- HTML Table to CSV
Convert HTML tables embedded in web pages into CSV or Excel documents, with GrabzIt's Online Screenshot Tool and multiple API's.
- How to setup your GrabzIt Demo
Follow these simple instructions on how to quickly setup and use your GrabzIt Demo.
- Do you support Flash?
How our screenshot service works with web pages containing Flash.
- Do you support WOFF fonts?
How our screenshot service works with WOFF based fonts.
- Does GrabzIt work with charting software?
If you have some on-line charting software you want to take a screenshot this article explains the caveats.
- Can you set a image to be XX Dots Per Inch (DPI)?
How the Dots Per Inch in a image applies when handling screenshots.
- How do I take website thumbnails?
Find out how to use GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool to create screenshots as website thumbnails.
- Is SVG supported?
How our screenshot service handles SVG elements within web pages.
- Screenshot Mobile Websites
How the GrabzIt API and the Online Screenshot Tool can be used to screenshot mobile websites.
- Do you support Credit and Debit card payments?
How to pay for your GrabzIt package using Debit or Credit card.
- Can I get a free trial of GrabzIt?
Find out how you can use the full features of GrabzIt for free.
- Display screenshots faster with GrabzIt's CDN
Increase the speed at which you can display the screenshots or captures you create by using GrabzIt's CDN.
- What MIME type should I use for my Capture?
Every different file type has an associated MIME type that tells the browser how to deal with it. This article says what MIME type you need to use when serving a Capture to your users.
- Screenshot Google Maps
Easily screenshot Google Maps with GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool.
- May I include GrabzIt in my commercial application?
Find out what GrabzIt's policy is on commercial applications.
- Tips for hiring a programmer
Do you want to write some code but don't know how, or you don't have the time? Follow these quick and easy instructions on hiring a programmer.
- Adding Page Breaks to PDF documents
When converting HTML or URL's to PDF documents, page breaks can be added to the PDF by specifying using special CSS rules.
- Invalid Callback URL. Please provide a valid web address.
This article explains how to fix the Invalid Callback URL. Please provide a valid web address error.
- Retrieval Methods for GrabzIt's API
Find out how you can use the retrieval methods provided by the GrabzIt API to automatically download captures.
- Location Specific Screenshots
GrabzIt supports location specific screenshots, which are screenshots taken from a particular country. Find out how to use this feature in your applications.
- Can you create multiple captures at the same time?
Some apps need to many create captures as quickly as possible, to support this GrabzIt allows you to create captures in parallel.
- I want to block access to my callback handler except from GrabzIt, is this possible?
How to secure access to your GrabzIt callback handler so that only GrabzIt can access it.
- How do I cancel my GrabzIt subscription?
If you want to cancel your GrabzIt subscription this article explains how.
- Domain is not valid with this application key. Please add it to your authorized domains.
What the domain is not valid with this application key means and how to solve it.
- How do I stop large image screenshots being stretched?
This article explains how to avoid the problem of large screenshots appearing stretched.
- Java: Unsupported major.minor version
What the Java unsupported version error means and how to solve it.
- How to handle the rate limit reached error
What the rate limit reached error is and how to solve it.
- What is the Scrape Allowance?
An explanation of what the Scrape Allowance is and what it is used for.
- Why does the PDF content not fill the page width?
Sometimes the width of content in PDF screenshots does not fill the page. Find out why and how to solve it.
- How does Capture Priority work?
What is Capture Priority and how it effects the time it takes to process captures.
- Are custom cookies used in the Online Screenshot Tool?
How custom cookies are used in Online Screenshot Tool.
- Why do I not immediately get premium features after I have upgraded?
Find out why you do not immediately get premium features after being upgraded.
- How do you improve the quality of web captures?
You can improve the quality of your returned web captures, this article explains how.
- How do I update my billing information?
If you need to update your billing information, please follow the instructions in this article.
- How do I add a timestamp in my Scheduled Task or Scrape filename?
Our on-line tool and scraper supports timestamps in file names, to add a timestamp to your filename follow the instructions in this article.
- How do I get a Application Key and Secret for GrabzIt?
You need an Application Key and Secret to use GrabzIt's Screenshot API, this article explains how.
- Why does PayPal keep rejecting my Credit or Debit card?
Having issues with your Debit or Credit card? This article explains some of the likely causes and solutions.
- I am using a .NET language other than C# can I still use your library?
This explains how any .NET language can use the GrabzIt DLL.
- How do you keep variables between scrapes?
Do you need to pass information from one scrape to another, this article explains how.
- How do I use the scheduled task import/export functionality?
Get some useful tips on exporting and importing scheduled tasks into the Online Screenshot Tool.
- How do I show a screenshot in a web page when using a callback handler?
Find out how to display a screenshot on a page when using the asynchronous callback handler method.
- What are strings?
Strings are used in scrape instructions to denote text, read this article to find out how you use them.
- How to fix the 'unclosed string' error?
This error can occur if you incorrectly specify a string in your scrape instructions.
- How do I escape quotes in a strings?
Sometimes a Screen Scrape instruction requires that a quote appears within a string, this article explains how to do this.
- Why did my scrape fail?
Sometimes a scrape doesn't work. This article explains how you can discover what went wrong.
- Why did GrabzIt disable my scrape?
In certain circumstances GrabzIt will disable a scrape, this article explains how to stop this from happening.
- How do I get the Scraper to save data to a file?
A common requirement is to save a item of data directly to its own file, this article explains how.
- How to set Seed URLs?
Find out how to specify Seed URLs to ensure only certain pages are scraped.
- How do you calculate Total Resolution for animated GIF's?
Find out how we calculate the allowed total resolution for an animated GIF and what package you will require.
- Take screenshots of Unicode URL's with GrabzIt
Find out how to take screenshots of websites that use Unicode URLs with GrabzIt screenshot service.
- How to create captures even faster!
If you want to speed up the time it takes to take captures, follow these helpful tips.
- How do I remove cookie notifications?
Read about some of the techniques available to avoid taking screenshots that include cookie notifications.
- Can you write a scrape for me?
Find out how to go about commissioning us to create and set up a scrape task for you.
- How much scrape allowance do I need?
We explain how much scrape allowance should be required based on the number of pages and type of website.
- How do Free Periods work?
When you upgrade, downgrade or have a free trial, you get a free period. Read this article to find out more about how this works.
- How to test a Callback Handler?
Learn how to use GrabzIt's Callback Handler test tool to easily debug your own Callback Handlers.
- How to fix the 'A filter must be supplied' error?
This error can occur if you do not pass a filter parameter to a method that requires it in your scrape instructions.
- Does GrabzIt's Web Scraper respect robots.txt files?
We follow the rules found in the websites robots.txt file that is being scraped.
- How do I store a capture in a database?
Captures, such as screenshots and animated GIF's can easily be stored in a database as well as a file system. Follow this simple tutorial to find out how.
- How do you improve the quality of an animated GIF?
Find out how you can improve the quality of an animated GIF produced when converted from an online video.
- Why is the time on my scrapes and screenshots wrong?
How GrabzIt handles peoples time from around the world and how to fix you time if it is wrong.
- Accessing our API with a non-supported programming language
Create a GrabzIt client for any non-supported programming language by following these instructions.
- Why are all of my requests to GrabzIt's API timing out?
Are all of your requests to GrabzIt's API timing out? This article explains how to diagnose and fix the issue.
- How to capture a website that is blocking GrabzIt
Instructions on how to capture a website that is blocking GrabzIt services.
- Capture screenshots of web pages that use Basic Authentication
GrabzIt can capture web pages protected by basic authentication turning them into image or PDF screenshots, or converting HTML tables to CSV or JSON.
- Images or CSS has not loaded when converting HTML
If images, CSS and other resources are not loading when converting HTML. Follow these instructions to fix the problem.
- Do you support canvas elements?
How our screenshot service works with canvas functionality.
- YouTube video has been removed, has an age restriction or is not available in the country it is being taken from.
What does the YouTube video has been removed, has an age restriction or is not available in the country it is being taken from mean and how to solve it.
- How do I change or update my current subscription?
Find out how to change your current GrabzIt package and what happens to your existing PayPal subscription.
- Why does taking a screenshot of some web pages result in a blank or white screenshot?
This article explains how the blank screenshot error can occur and how to solve it.
- Can the same package/account be used on multiple websites?
How GrabzIt accounts and packages work with multiple applications.
- What are Remaining Captures?
This article explains what remaining captures are and how you can use them.
- How does the Web Scraper work?
This article explains what the Web Scraper does and how it can be used.
- How do the Scrape Instructions work?
Scraping Instructions are used by the Web Scraper to determine how it behaves, this article goes into detail how this works.
- How do the Scrape Options work?
This article explains what special options the Web Scraper has and how they can be used.
- How do the Export Options work?
The Screen Scraper has multiple ways to export the scraped results, this article explains all the different options available.
- How does the Schedule Scrape work?
This article explains how the Screen Scraper can schedule scrapes.
- An error occurred trying to save the screenshot
Find out what this error means and how to stop it occurring in the future.
- What is the Maximum Screenshot Size?
Find out how the maximum screenshot size
is calculated in GrabzIt.
- How do I know if my scrape is working?
Because most scrapes take a long time, the Web Scraper has a clear way to indicate its progress.
- Disable caching?
An explanation of why with GrabzIt it is not necessary to disable caching.
- How do I delete my account?
If you want to delete your account this article explains how.
- How do I send results via FTP?
Both the Screen Scraper and the Scheduled Task tool support sending results via FTP, this article explains how this works.
- How do I send results via WebDav?
Both the Screen Scraper and the Scheduled Task tool support sending results via WebDav, this article explains how this works.
- Send scraped results via a Callback URL?
Only the Web Scraper supports sending results via a callback URL, this article explains how this works.
- How do I send results via Dropbox?
Both the Web Scraper and the Online Screenshot Tool support sending results via Dropbox, this article explains how this works.
- This screenshot is temporarily not accessible due to its storage location being offline
This article explains what the screenshot is temporarily not accessible error means and how to solve it.
- How to set a Target Website?
Find out how to specify what websites should be targeted by the Web Scraper.
- How do I perform actions before or after a scrape?
Do you need to some post or pre processing when doing a scrape? This article explains how.
- Why is my full length screenshot squashed?
If you have a full length screenshot that is appearing vertically squashed, we explain how to fix it.
- Does GrabzIt support HTTPS?
How our screenshot service works with HTTPS based websites.
- Can I make annual payments?
Find out how you can make annual payments when upgrading.
- Does your service effect Google Analytics?
Find out how our service deals with Google Analytics.
- What types of support do you offer?
GrabzIt currently offers several different types of support as explained in this article.
- Is GrabzIt VAT registered?
Are you doing your accounts, do you need to know if we are VAT registered?
- Does GrabzIt support Java Applets?
Find out how GrabzIt's screenshot services handle Java Applets.