- How does screenshot caching work?
Find out how GrabzIt screenshot caching works as well as the best strategy for using cached screenshots.
- How to create Captures even faster!
If you want to speed up the time it takes to take captures, follow these helpful tips.
- Can I get a screenshot returned to me within X seconds Z% of the time?
The factors effecting the speed at which a screenshot can be returned.
- How to convert a webpages into PDF documents?
Find out how to easily convert a web page into a PDF document using GrabzIt's web services and online tools.
- Why are the screenshots not returned in the same order I request them in?
Confused why your screenshots are not returned in the order you requested them when using the asynchronous method, this article explains why this can occur.
- How do you take a screenshot from behind a login?
Have a login only page that you need to take a screenshot of? This article explains how to do it.
- How long will a screenshot be cached for?
How GrabzIt determines the length of time a screenshot should be cached for.
- How do I automatically take a screenshot without writing any code?
Our Online Screenshot Tool allows you to take web screenshots without writing any code, this article explains how it works.
- What browser does GrabzIt use to take the screenshot?
Find out about our customized browser software we use to take screenshots.
- Is there a way to use GrabzIt in a ASP.NET Windows Application rather than a Web Application?
How to take a screenshot without requiring a callback handler using ASP.NET.
- You are trying to use a Callback URL that does not exist! Please enter a URL that is both absolute and public
This article explains what the not accessible URL error is and how to solve it.
- How do I change a filename of a screenshot with GrabzIt's API?
This article explains three different approaches to changing the filename of a screenshot using our API.
- How do I create a image screenshot with a full height and width?
Instructions on how to create a screenshot with a width and height the same size of the web page.
- Create Full Length Screenshots or Full Page Screenshots
Find how you can use GrabzIt's API's and Online Screenshot Tool to take full length screenshots also known as full page screenshots of an entire web page.
- How do I associate a user with a screenshot?
GrabzIt supports passing custom ids with screenshot requests, this article explains how the custom ids can be used to associate a user with a screenshot.
- How do I change the width and height of a screenshot?
Instructions on how to change the width and height of a screenshot.
- You are trying to take a screenshot of a URL that does not exist
An explanation of the URL does not exist error and how to solve it.
- HTML Table to CSV
Convert HTML tables embedded in web pages into CSV or Excel documents, with GrabzIt's Online Screenshot Tool and multiple API's.
- How to setup your GrabzIt Demo
Follow these simple instructions on how to quickly setup and use your GrabzIt Demo.
- Do you support Flash?
How our screenshot service works with web pages containing Flash.
- Do you support WOFF fonts?
How our screenshot service works with WOFF based fonts.
- Does GrabzIt work with charting software?
If you have some on-line charting software you want to take a screenshot this article explains the caveats.
- Can you set a image to be XX Dots Per Inch (DPI)?
How the Dots Per Inch in a image applies when handling screenshots.
- Is SVG supported?
How our screenshot service handles SVG elements within web pages.
- Screenshot Mobile Websites
How the GrabzIt API and the Online Screenshot Tool can be used to screenshot websites as a mobile or tablet device.
- Using CSS Selectors in GrabzIt
How to use CSS selectors in the target element, hide element and wait for element features of GrabzIt's capture API.
- Why do captures not appear the same as in the browser?
How to make the capture GrabzIt generates match what is shown when your target URL or HTML is rendered in Chrome.
- Take a Screenshot of Google Maps or Mapbox
Easily take screenshots of Google and Mapbox online maps. With our screenshot API and Screenshot Tool.
- How to post to a form and screenshot the result?
Learn how to post to a HTTP form and screenshot the result using GrabzIt's API.
- Blocking Adverts on Web Screenshots
Find out how to remove adverts from web screenshots with GrabzIt's API's.
- Invalid Callback URL. Please provide a valid web address.
This article explains how to fix the Invalid Callback URL. Please provide a valid web address error.
- How to add headers and footers to DOCX and PDF documents?
Find out how to create templates that can be then added to DOCX and PDF documents through GrabzIt's API.
- Retrieval Methods for GrabzIt's API
Find out how you can use the retrieval methods provided by the GrabzIt API to automatically download captures.
- How do I enable user cookie behavior?
Make GrabzIt captures work the same way as a users browser, keeping the cookies between different requests.
- Location Specific Screenshots
GrabzIt supports location specific screenshots, which are screenshots taken from a particular country. Find out how to use this feature in your applications.
- How to scale a PDF or DOCX to the browser width?
How to change the browser width used when creating PDF and DOCX documents. This could have an effect on how the document appears for instance a small width is likely to make the document appear as a mobile website.
- How to create High Definition Screenshots?
Use GrabzIt's API to create high definition screenshots, with four times the usual number of pixels of websites and HTML captures. Additionally a section of a page can be targeted this is then zoomed into to make a HD screenshot.
- How to convert large HTML snippets using GrabzIt's API
Sometimes you want to convert a large HTML snippet into a single DOCX, PDF document or image. While there are limitations on how much HTML can be converted at once this article explains how to work around them.
- How to convert webpage to PDF using Print CSS
Occasionally a web page will have CSS that is only used for printing. Sometimes using this CSS when creating a PDF document results in a better PDF. This article explains how to use this CSS to create a PDF.
- Including a Table Of Contents in a DOCX document
You can automatically add table of contents to a DOCX created using GrabzIt by using the special table of contents element in the HTML.
- How to add password protection to a PDF or Word document
Add password protection to any PDF or DOCX file created using GrabzIt, so only the people who should be able to read the document can.
- How to Control the Cropping of PDF Content?
Control how a PDF document is cropped when creating a document from a targeted HTML element.
- I want to block access to my callback handler except from GrabzIt, is this possible?
How to secure access to your GrabzIt callback handler so that only GrabzIt can access it.
- Domain is not valid with this application key. Please add it to your authorized domains.
What the domain is not valid with this application key means and how to solve it.
- How do I stop large image screenshots being stretched?
This article explains how to avoid the problem of large screenshots appearing stretched.
- Java: Unsupported major.minor version
What the Java unsupported version error means and how to solve it.
- How to handle the rate limit reached error
What the rate limit reached error is and how to solve it.
- Why does the PDF content not fill the page width?
Sometimes the width of content in PDF screenshots does not fill the page. Find out why and how to solve it.
- How does Capture Priority work?
What is Capture Priority and how it effects the time it takes to process captures.
- Are custom cookies used in the Online Screenshot Tool?
How custom cookies are used in Online Screenshot Tool.
- How do you improve the quality of web captures?
Find out how the quality of your captures, can be improved to match your specific requirements, be it for images, PDF's, DOCX or animated GIF's.
- How do I add a timestamp in my Scheduled Task or Scrape filename?
Our on-line tool and scraper supports timestamps in file names, to add a timestamp to your filename follow the instructions in this article.
- I am using a .NET language other than C# can I still use your library?
This explains how any .NET language can use the GrabzIt DLL.
- How do I use the scheduled task import/export functionality?
Get some useful tips on exporting and importing scheduled tasks into the Online Screenshot Tool.
- How do I show a screenshot in a web page when using a callback handler?
Find out how to display a screenshot on a page when using the asynchronous callback handler method.
- Take screenshots of Unicode URL's with GrabzIt
Find out how to take screenshots of websites that use Unicode URLs with GrabzIt screenshot service.
- How to remove cookie notifications from screenshots
Cookie notifications in screenshots can ruin what would otherwise be an excellent screenshot. Find out how to remove these notifications, including using GrabzIt's automatic cookie notification removal feature.
- How to test a Callback Handler?
Learn how to use GrabzIt's Callback Handler test tool to easily debug your own Callback Handlers.
- How do I store a capture in a database?
Captures, such as screenshots and animated GIF's can easily be stored in a database as well as a file system. Follow this simple tutorial to find out how.
- Capture screenshots of web pages that use Basic Authentication
GrabzIt can capture any web page protected by basic authentication and covert it into an image, DOCX or PDF.
- Do you support canvas elements?
How our screenshot service works with canvas functionality.
- Supported CSS attributes when converting HTML to DOCX
To help you create the best possible HTML document to convert to DOCX this quick guide shows you the main CSS attributes that are used format the DOCX content.
- Tips on writing HTML for conversion
How to create HTML content for conversion by GrabzIt's HTML converting API's.
- Using GrabzIt behind a Proxy
How to use GrabzIt's capture API when your machine is located behind a proxy.
- How do you alter a web page before converting it?
How to alter the a web page before converting it to a image, PDF or DOCX.
- How to add bookmarks or outlines to PDF Documents?
Adding bookmarks to PDF document makes it easier for the reader to navigate to the section of the document they are interested in, fortunately GrabzIt automates this process for you.
- How to solve issues with your Callback Handler?
Find the solutions for the main reasons why your callback handler may not be working.
- Can we licence GrabzIt's capture software to run independently on our own servers?
The reason why it is not possible to run GrabzIt's capture software on independently of our API on external servers.
- Using PHP's Symfony Framework with GrabzIt’s Capture API
How to use GrabzIt Bundle to create websites screenshots and convert HTML to PDF, images, DOCX and more in the Symfony Framework.
- How does GrabzIt convert HTML to DOCX
Find out about GrabzIt's approach when converting HTML to DOCX, in order to create the best Word documents possible.
- Why does taking a screenshot of some web pages result in a blank or white capture?
This article explains how blank captures can be created and how to solve the error.
- What are Remaining Captures?
This article explains what remaining captures are and how you can use them.
- An error occurred trying to save the screenshot
Find out what this error means and how to stop it occurring in the future.
- What is the Maximum Screenshot Size?
Find out how the maximum screenshot size
is calculated in GrabzIt.
- Disable caching?
An explanation of why with GrabzIt it is not necessary to disable caching.
- This screenshot is temporarily not accessible due to its storage location being offline
This article explains what the screenshot is temporarily not accessible error means and how to solve it.
- Why is my full length screenshot squashed?
If you have a full length screenshot that is appearing vertically squashed, we explain how to fix it.
- Does GrabzIt support HTTPS?
How our screenshot service works with HTTPS based websites.
- Does your service effect Google Analytics?
Find out how our service deals with Google Analytics.
- Does GrabzIt support Java Applets?
Find out how GrabzIt's screenshot services handle Java Applets.