Tools to Capture and Convert the Web
GrabzIt's Online Community

How many scrapes do I need?

Ask questions relating to GrabzIt's Web Scraper Tool. Such as how to use the web scraper and API to extract data from web pages, images or PDF documents.

Hello! I have tested the tool and it works exactly the way I want. However I have exeeded my scrape page limit.

I want to purchase more but is there any way I can work out how many scrapes I need to be able to download my website?

I am working with a time limit as the website is scheduled to be taken down on the 14th of october. In other words, I need all the scrape pages to be available now and cannot wait for the scrape limit to be reset.

Thank you,

Richard

Asked by anonymous on the 5th of October 2023

Hi Richard, I am glad its what you want. The number of pages you need depends on the size of the website. I would get enough to cover it with say 10% more. If it looks like it is running out you can always upgrade again and the allowance will go up on the scrape. Remeber that if you are taking screenshots of a web page you will also need a matching number of captures on the web page. So if you want 5000 captures then you will need a entry package etc.

Hope this helps.

Answered by GrabzIt Support on the 5th of October 2023

Thank you =)

I am NOT technical. Is there any way of finding out how large my website is? Are we talking MB or number of pages?

I am using the template "Convert a website into linked PDF documents". Does this count as captures or something else?

Answered by anonymous on the 5th of October 2023

I can't really answer that as it depends on how the website was made but looking at the sitemap might give you a clue e.g: https://www.google.com/sitemap.xml

Its the number of pages and as you are also using the capture API both the scrape pages and the number of captures should match.

Answered by GrabzIt Support on the 5th of October 2023

I have now purchased a package to increase both the scraper and capture limit. 😊👍

I then clicked "activate" on my current scrape task but it doesn't seem to have reactivated. Do I need to remove it and create a new one? I was under the impression that I could get this one to continue somehow but I can't work it out.

Answered by anonymous on the 6th of October 2023

Thanks for upgrading. It looks like you are already recreating the scrape.

Answered by GrabzIt Support on the 6th of October 2023

I'm not sure if it's running. It says that the status is "Idle" and that 0 pages are processed. I re-activated yesterday evening so expect that something should have happened by now.

Sorry, the enable/disable function just stops scrapes starting that are on a schedule. So if you could open the scrape and then press save again it should start a fresh scrape run.

Thank you! Now it's up and running again 😊

Awesome