Tools to Capture and Convert the Web
GrabzIt's Online Community

Required network configuration for using the plugin

Ask questions on how to capture or convert web pages or HTML into images, CSV, PDF or DOCX documents as well on how to convert videos into animated GIF's using our API.

Hi all,

I am new to grabzit.

When I deploy my java web application containing the grabzit-3.3.6.jar and then call the "SaveTo" method, there is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect 

But if I put it to internet there is no such problem.

Is there any firewall configuration that I should allow the traffic?

And Is there any network architecture documents so that I can refer.

Thanks in advance.

Asked by IT Solutions on the 1st of October 2019

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by putting on the internet. However it will need a internet connection to work.

If you are calling GrabzIt from behind a local proxy you should read the linked article as the explains what to do.

Answered by GrabzIt Support on the 1st of October 2019

Hi GrabzIt Support,

Sorry I mean if I deploy the app without firewall, then there is no such exception. Is there any network architecture document so that I can refer to the configuration in our firewall?

Answered by IT Solutions on the 2nd of October 2019

Ah I see. There isn't  a network configuration document as it just needs access to the internet so  the application nerds to be allowed to send and receive through port 80 and 443.

This assumes you aren't using the intrra proxy 

Answered by GrabzIt Support on the 2nd of October 2019

Then is there any firewall configuration is required to allow the traffic? For example, I should allow the traffice from my web app to which hostname or URL?

Answered by IT Solutions on the 2nd of October 2019

I have never heard of a firewall that blocks by domain. However if it does you should allow api.grabz.it and grabz.it

With some firewalls there are restrictions on what apps can access the internet so you would need to ensure your app has access.

Answered by GrabzIt Support on the 2nd of October 2019