If your credit or debit card is being rejected by PayPal with the message "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." it could be caused by one of the following problems:
- Your card is associated with a PayPal account, and you are not logging in with that particular account.
- Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has been closed.
- You have exceeded your card limit with PayPal.
- Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal.
- You have problems with your cookies. Try to clear your cookies and re-attempt the transaction.
- You have linked the card to an account, but have not yet confirmed it.
If you can't use a different credit and debit card, you could also try to add a new bank account as a funding source to an existing or new PayPal account.
What if I still can't pay?
If you still can't make a payment just choose the credit or debit card option at checkout and your payment will be completed with another payment provider.